Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Do You Still Love Me?

He did it! I couldn't believe my eyes. Angie was laughing and crying simultaneously. Our daughter was just crying. On the grand scheme of things an event like your four year-old son cutting two gigantic chunks out of the golden locks that adorn the front of his head is really not that important. But, within a household at bedtime it can become a pretty big deal.

We had no choice but to cut off the rest of his hair. I got out the "buzzers" and went to work. He was terrified of me or his mother cutting off one of his ears. Angie finished the job and we all sighed. He looked longlingly at mom and said, "Do you still love me?"

What a moment. "Of course we still love you," came the immediate reply. "We're just going to miss kissing those golden curls."

Almost simultaneously he looked to mom with fishy lips puckered out an inch or so and said, "Will you still kiss me now?"

Two times in the span of 30 seconds he needed to know that we still love him. It was a great opportunity to show him unconditional love in a way that hit his little heart.

His hair will grow back. His confidence of mom's love for him has already grown. I'm so thankful for the way that Angie handled everything.

God is good.

No comments:

Me and Angie

Me and Angie
December 2010