Monday, January 28, 2008

I Believe in the Holy Spirit

"I believe in the Holy Spirit," was again and again the prayer of the great C. H. Spurgeon as he mounted the steps leading to the pulpit of the Metropolitan Tabernacle to proclaim the wonders of God's mercies in Christ Jesus.

More and more this has been my prayer too. Not just as I step behind my notes to preach on Sunday mornings, but as I lean into each day here in North Las Vegas. We continue to witness much that encouarages us, including the amount of work God's Spirit has alreay done in the hearts of people we are meeting for the first time. On our own we can change no heart. With my feeble words I can bring hope to no one. We carry the treasure of the gospel in clay jars.

1 comment:

CatchingSomeZZzz said...

Greetings from the Midwest! My husband and I are an AF couple anticipating a move to Nellis this July. We've spent the past three years stationed at Scott. We found City-Wide's homepage and thus, your blog via the PCA national site. We're beginning our church search from afar, and we're looking forward to listening to the sermons you have posted online. Thank you for the personal info you posted on your blog; it was a pleasant surprise to learn of your time in the St. Louis area.

Me and Angie

Me and Angie
December 2010