Friday, January 4, 2008

Never Say Never

I wish that I could say, "I'm never moving again!" I'm thankful for the prayers of others during the last few days. With our first Sunday morning service of worship in the middle school this weekend I could not have picked a more difficult week to move. But...God has been incredibly faithful, just like always. My parents drove in from Phoenix to help haul boxes. A couple of City-Wide Redeemer guys, and their friends, helped move the big stuff yesterday. My father helped me finish off the built-in book cases in the room downstairs that will serve as my study. Our children have been wonderful. My church planting partner, Eric, is an incredible encouragement each day. God has been faithful.

We are exhausted, though. We still have boxes to unpack and one or two more trips to make back to the rental house for the final items. On Monday I'll clean the place and paint any areas that evidence our presence there over the past few months.

Our children are making new friends on this street, and keeping friendships going from our old street too. Pray that God will give them the capacity to love this growing number of friends well.

Tomorrow I'll be going down a checklist in order to make sure that we don't have any distracting gaffs in our service of worship on Sunday. Things seem to be in order.

God has added a very talented guitar player to our number. What an aid to our singing! God will continue to be faithful.

No comments:

Me and Angie

Me and Angie
December 2010