Thursday, November 1, 2007

Live On the Air in 5..4..3..

What do you do when a local talk show host approaches you and says, "What are you doing at 2:00 today? Why don't you meet me at our station so that I can interview you for an hour?" You go. You go scared and wondering why on earth God decided before enternity that this would be a good thing for you to experience, but you go none-the-less.

So, when I was asked that very question today at 1:28 in the afternoon I went. What a unique experience! Dale Davidson, host of an afternoon show on 1060 AM KKVV was a delight as he asked me questions covering a range of topics related to our work in Las Vegas, and my own family's journey to get here.

As I was driving over to the studio I called Angie in order to invite the children to hear their goofy dad on the radio. Then I prayed. I prayed that I would indeed be ready to speak with clarity and conviction about the gospel of Jesus, in season and out of season, when I would expect it, and even now when the opportunity came as unexpectedly as a fly in your mouth when you drive with the window open.

Of course I have no idea who may have been listening and who may have been prompted by God's Spirit to respond to the gospel, but I trust a local friend and resident of Las Vegas who heard the interview and said that the gospel was clear. I was relieved and thankful to hear that.

Please continue to pray for the people of this city. Pray that God's Spirit will lead us to those in whom he has already been at work to bring about new life in Jesus. Please also pray that we will be ready at all times to love people in this place with the truth and richness of the gospel.

No comments:

Me and Angie

Me and Angie
December 2010