Wednesday, November 25, 2009

How Business Looks when Jesus is Boss

This Sunday I'll be opening up the Bible to Ephesians 6:5-9 to finish our series through the book. (A guest speaker took up 6:10-24 last weekend for us). I've been very refreshed by the view of work that the passage gives us. Ever heard the phrase, "I'm tired of working for the man!"? Paul says that we don't have to work for "the man" anymore. We're freed up to work for "the God-man," the Lord Jesus, the only one to whom we owe ultimate service.

Here's the question I'm asking today as I meditate on this passage: What would a company look like wherein each employee was working for the glory of Christ and where the manager/boss knew that he wasn't boss, but that Jesus is? If that question seems to idealized, then what about this one: What would a career path look like for an employee who is only interested in pleasing Jesus with his work?

No comments:

Me and Angie

Me and Angie
December 2010