Saturday, April 11, 2009

No Longer Alone

It should be just a few hours now until I'm re-united with my bride and our three wonderful kids. Angie is leaving Phoenix in about an hour to make the half-day drive back home to Vegas. It will be so nice having them home again. But I will have to make certain adjustments...

No more extended quiet moments in my study without the distracting noise of little children arguing over who's turn it is to let the dog out.

No more will I get to personally check out any suspicious noises downstairs in the middle of the night, instead of just sending my brave wife and the dog to investigate. (Hey, this is comedy here, no letters of reprimand, please.)

No more walks with the dog following him around with a little plastic bag to pick up the portion of dog food his body did not deem to be nutritious.

No more easy parking into the wide driveway with just one vehicle.

No more $12 trips to the grocery store.

No more of straightening the couch cushions only to have them stay where they belong.

No more turning off the TV and not having it "magically" turn back on again when I leave the room.

Yes, I'll have to make some significant adjustments, even sacrifices to have them in my daily company once again...but they're worth it! I can't wait to hold them.

No comments:

Me and Angie

Me and Angie
December 2010