Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Pace

I can't believe April's just about history...again. Wasn't it April just a few weeks ago?

Today's weather finally felt like summer. It must have been close to 90 degrees, with full sun. It felt so good to be outdoors for a bit. Once I was halfway through my errands, though, I was regretting the fact that I hadn't put on shorts before leaving the house.

My family is well, again. I'm thankful. We've been experiencing more illness than I can ever remember. Just this past week we had three members of the family depositing their undigested meals into the porcelain portal of our sewers. Looks like I might escape this current round without getting the bug...at least I'm still hopeful.

Tonight we hosted a half-dozen folks at CWR's Newcomer Cafe. I really enjoyed the conversation and appreciated the very thoughtful questions from these new friends whom I already count dear. It's incredible how much healing the gospel is bringing to their lives. More than half of them have been through some very difficult "religious" experiences in the recent past, but they have not relented in their pursuit of God's truth and they are finding our true God to be faithful. God is good.

Tomorrow I'll be preaching the last sermon from Luke's gospel. I started preaching through Luke in December 2007. We've taken a few detours through Ephesians, Jonah, and Ruth along the way. The perspective I've gained on Jesus through Luke's gospel has been very helpful to say the least. What a Savior!

No comments:

Me and Angie

Me and Angie
December 2010