Monday, July 27, 2009

Fire Sale--Not Really

Just as I was about to log into my blog last evening and begin catching up on our trip to Haiti and the lessons learned my bride reminded me that we needed to cook the chicked for dinner because it was already 6:30. I lit the grill and the whole thing flashed with fire and immediately the propane tank nozzle became a jet engine. The hose didn't even make the flames flinch.

All that was left to do was grab my wife, the kids, the dog, and head out front. We alerted our adjacent neighbors to the fact that an explosion was pending. The fire department arrived very quickly and soon the flames were out with nobody sustaining injury.

The Psalmist said, "The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. Glad songs of salvation are in the tents of the righteous: 'The right hand of the Lord does valiantly'" Our house was filled with songs of thanksgiving this morning during our time together as a family this morning. As we huddled in a driveway down the street and listened anxiously to the roaring flames we prayed that our God who calmed the sees would reduce the flame. He did just that. Within seconds the sound dissapated and the bottle was empty. My kids are learning--we all are learning--more about what it means to trust our powerful and present Lord.

The NLVFD Fire Investigators came out and confirmed that there was a failure with the valve on the propane bottle. I'm still waiting on my home owners insurance adjuster to call and come take a look. It's a bit wierd having plywood over the kitchen window. Hopefully we'll be able to have that window replaced soon.
Another point of thanksgiving was how well our youngest children did with going to sleep last night. God gave them peaceful rest throughout the night.

No comments:

Me and Angie

Me and Angie
December 2010